Fourth of July Trivia Challenge Answers
1. What is special about the inscription written on the back of the Declaration of Independence?
C. It is written upside down and backwards.
2. When were fireworks first used to celebrate July 4th?
3. Which U.S. president was born on July 4th?
A. Calvin Coolidge
4. How many people signed The Declaration of Independence?
5. The Declaration of Independence began “When in the course of ________ events...”
6. On average, how many hot dogs are consumed each year in America on the 4th of July?
A. 150 million
7. What historical American event happened on July 4th?
B. The formal adoption of the Declaration of Independence
8. Which newspaper first published the Declaration of Independence?
C. The Pennsylvania Evening Post
9. What year was Independence Day established as a national holiday by Congress?
10. Who was the first president to live in the White House?
A. John Adams
11. Where did John Philip Sousa compose "The Stars and Stripes Forever"?
D. On a boat en route from a European vacation with his wife
12. Where was the first 4th of July celebration with a fireworks display held?
B. Boston, Massachusetts